The ICAP Professional Accountants in Business Committee, currently chaired by Mr Khalilullah Shaikh, was formed in 2009 and has reached to great heights since then. The Committee strives to provide meaningful professional support and guidance to the professional accountants and members of the Institute working in the industry, who constitute around 70 per cent of ICAP members. Recognized at IFAC level, ICAP PAIB is committed to make continuous enhancements in its role to cater to the professional accountants serving in commerce, industry, education, finance, private and public sector in Pakistan.
ICAP PAIB Committee has strong connection with IFAC PAIB Committee. In lieu of our active participation and contribution, Mr. Yacoob Suttar (Past President, ICAP) served on the IFAC Professional Accountants in Business Committee, including as Deputy Chair from 2015-2016 and is an elected member on IFAC Board in 2018. Mr. Khalilullah Shaikh, Chairman ICAP PAIB Committee now represents the Institute as a member at IFAC PAIB Committee.
In 2016, IFAC PAIB Committee approved a guidance document for professional accounting bodies across the globe on how to engage PAIBs and establish successful PAIB Forums. The inclusion of ICAP PAIB Committee as an inspiring case study in that document is a strong testament of its global recognition.
PAIB Committee 2017-2018
- Industry Specific Guidelines Subcommittee
- The Subcommittee aims to develop guidelines of specific industries as a source of detailed information that acts as a head start for fresh Chartered Accountants willing to join these industries.
- Survey Subcommittee
- The Survey Subcommittee aims to conduct surveys based on the current research needs of the Institute.
- Digital Engagement Subcommittee
- The objective of this Subcommittee is to advocate the Institute as a strong brand amongst the inspiring, and existing accountants and gain advantage over existing IT usage as well as to push the professional accountants to the forefront and into the industry.
Terms of Reference (ToR)